Best Engineering college in Bangalore for Civil Engineering Course :
Gopalan College of Civil Engineering Department is established in the year 2010, offers a four-year course leading to the Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
Best Civil Engineering College in Bangalore
The Department of Civil Engineering established in the year 2010, offers a four-year course leading to the Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
Vision: To see the tomorrow starting today with dedication, team work, strong ethics and objective oriented growth for a successful outcome.
Mission: To harness the students potential to make them industry ready and hone their skills in overall development to create a perfect Civil Engineer.
- The department brings forth Civil Engineers of high academic excellence and practical industrial expertise.
- Gopalan Enterprises provides practical training programmes on the job and conducts live projects under the guidance of eminent Engineers.
- Seminars, Guest Lectures, Industrial visits and extensive survey camp is carried out yearly as part of academic programmes.
- Elective subjects are chosen to suit the need of society, for example, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), advanced design of steel structures and Solid Waste Management.
- The theoretical courses are supplemented by imparting practical experience through well-equipped laboratories. For example:- environmental engineering, concrete technology and highway labs, Soil mechanics Lab, Survey Lab.
- The department is proud for having achieved 100% results for first out going batch.
- Our student Vinayashree has secured 10th rank (6th Semester) in the VTU examination.
Graduated from R V College of Engineering ,Bangalore ,secured MBA from Bangalore University has gained vast experience in the corporate at managerial level. Further completed ME in structural Engineering , has gained 19 years of teaching experience in various subjects of Civil engineering not only for B.E., but also for B. Architecture and management subjects for MBA. And also pursuing PhD in Bangalore University under the title "Leadership in Construction Industry"
Civil engineering department was established in the year of 2010 with Under Graduate program. And the first batch of civil engineering students passed out of the institute in 2014 achieving 100% result with all above first class. The objective of the department is to nurture the potential talents of the young students, train them to be extremely skilled and accomplished civil engineers with the capability of contributing to the effort of attaining sustainable community and economic development of our nation...
Department of Civil Engineering will train students into full fledged Civil Engineers who will be able to contribute to the developing of nation
Civil Engineering Student's Achievements
- Vinayashree studying in 7th semester in civil engineering department secured 10th rank in VTU examination in the year 2015.
- Bishnu Rimal studying in 8th semester in civil engineering department secured 1st rank in autocad from Winners Academy in the year 2011-2012
- Nagarjuna.S studying in 5th semester civil engineering department participated in athletics in 200 meters won 2nd prize, and in long jump and high jump won 1st prize which was conducted by Mysore State Athletics Championship in the year 2012
Civil Engineering Faculty Achievements:
- Dr. M.Krishnaveni, Siva.Sankari, S. Rajeswari, Feb 2011, Rehabilitation of Irrigation Tank Cascade System Using Remote Sensing GIS and GPS, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 3(2). Pg. 1624 – 1629.
- Kulkarni Kalyani A, A comparative study on effect of replacement of sand by GBFS on the strength and durability of concrete, IMCIET at VVIT, Bangalore, Issue No. 1, page 233 – 240.
- Archana Gouthaman & Devdas Menon, Increased cover specifications in IS 456:2000-crack width implications in RC slabs, Indian Concrete Journal (ICJ), volume (75), Sep 2001.